|Day & Date||Open||Last admission||Time at the bar|
|Wednesday 26th April 2017||1800*||2145||2230|
|Thursday 27th April 2017||1200||2145||2230|
|Friday 28th April 2017||1200||2145||2230|
|Saturday 29th April 2017||1200||1615||1700|
*17:30 for card-carrying CAMRA members
- Admission is £tba per session.
- Refundable glass hire is £2, and includes a complimentary Festival Programme.
- Beer tokens are £tba per half-pint except when using £10 fast track entry.
- £10 fast-track entry system (£3 entry fee, £2 festival glass and programme, 3 tokens x £1.66)
- CAMRA members £10 fast-track entry system (festival glass and programme £2, 5 tokens x £1.60)
- We welcome well-behaved children into all parts of the festival until 6pm each day, at which point they must leave. All under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Children must not approach the bar, nor consume any alcohol. Soft drinks are available from Habita on the ground floor.
Guidance on photography at The 41st Newcastle Beer & Cider Festival 2017
This guidance is provided to inform customers of their responsibilities with regard to film & photography at our Beer Festival.
PLEASE NOTE: As a member of the public you are free to take photographs for personal use whilst you are at our Beer Festival.
If you wish to take photographs for commercial use, please speak to the Festival Organiser or a Deputy before you begin – you will require our permission to do so.
1. Personal use
- Customers taking photographs taken at our Beer Festival are considered to be doing so for personal use only, so no consent is required. Personal use is likely to include photographs taken of friends & family for enjoyment by the same or merely as enjoyment of the event.
- You are free, and encouraged, to publish photographs / images on sites such as Facebook, twitter, flicker or Instagram – please use our hashtag, #nclbcf, if you do!
- Tyneside & Northumberland CAMRA Branch accepts no responsibility for any action arising against an individual for posting any images in any public place (including online).
2. Courtesy for others
- We actively encourage the use of photography as part of the enjoyment of our Beer Festival, however, please be mindful that some people may not wish to be photographed; therefore if an individual requests that they do not wish to be photographed, please respect their wishes.
3. Official photographers
- If a photographer has been commissioned by Tyneside & Northumberland CAMRA to photograph our Beer Festival they will be clearly identifiable by wearing a coloured bib or ID badge.
- Photographs taken by authorised representatives of Tyneside & Northumberland CAMRA may be used by CAMRA for promotional & publicity purposes.
- If you do not wish to be photographed please make the photographer aware.
If you’re unsure where things are, such as the admissions desk, bars or toilets, please consult our floor plan, or simply ask any member of staff.
Now in its 40th year, the Branch has held the festival annually since 1976 (Except for one year) – just 2 years after the Branch itself was formed in 1974.
For the last few years, the Festival has been located in Northumbria Students’ Union, having previously been housed in Newcastle University’s Students’ Union, The Guildhall, and various other premises across the city.